Monday, April 12, 2010

An Introduction of Sorts

Hey, I’m Blair, a sophomore at Shippensburg University, and I am a Comm/Journ major and German minor. I live on a beef farm, and have been helping out around our family farm for as long as I can remember.

About three years ago I decided I needed to find a regular summer job in addition to just doing farm work. Before I knew it, I found myself spending many summer evenings at a local ice cream shop called The Igloo.



Working at The Igloo can be really fun, but at other times completely insane. Imagine having 1 cash register, 3 people working, 2 ice cream churns runnning (which requires keeping a close watch), sandwich orders, and a line that practically reaches the road. Despite these crazy times, I love making ice cream.

Current flavors:
Vanilla
Chocolate
Cookies & Cream
Grapenut
Raspberry
Peanut Butter

You may be wondering what Grapenut ice cream is. From my understanding it is a somewhat local (South Central Pennsylvania) flavor that not too many people are familiar with. Next time look for further explanation on how we make our ice cream and the nearly extinct soda fizz.

No comments:

Post a Comment